We have had a quiet weekend as Luke is getting over chicken pox.
Here’s a sewing FO, I used to do a lot of sewing mainly for myself, but haven’t really done a lot since Luke was born. This is probably because it’s not as convenient as knitting. It means getting out the sewing maching from the cupboard, putting it out on the table and actually sitting there to sew. Knitting I can just do in front of the television, or when Luke is playing. Nonetheless, here’s a sleeping bag I made for Luke before he arrived.
It’s from a Burda pattern (9640), difficulty: easy, which I have used twice before to make sleeping bags for my niece Clara (I blogged about it here). It’s a really nice project that is whipped up in a couple of hours and like I said in the previous post linked above it calls for two materials without wadding, but I used cotton wadding inside.
You can see that the choice of fabric is probably just a tiny bit feminine, that’s because we were originally told by four sonographers that we were having a boy, and when we went for a private scan we were told that we were definitely having a boy. I don’t think it really matters, you can’t really go wrong with flowers, right?
For the lining I chose a really soft cotton jersey, which feels really good. Shame that Luke didn’t really start sleeping in sleeping bags until he was about 7 months old and then this was already too small, but I’ve kept it for number two (as and when we decide to have number two :-)).
I think it’s a really good sleeping bag pattern and I think I’d probably make a bigger one again if I had more time, but alas, Luke is keeping me very busy!
I finished it off with a nice cream coloured binding, which worked perfectly.
I’ve finished the sleeping bag for my little niece or nephew. It was pretty straight forward. The pattern is a Burda pattern (9640), difficulty: easy. Although the pattern advised only two materials without wadding, I included cotton wadding as that made more sense.
The material choice was easy, simple cotton in a light cream for the outside and an orangy yellow for the lining. I’ve also stitched some stars onto the finished sleeping bag, to make it look less plain.
I’m really proud of the finished sleeping bag as it looks really snug and comfortable and the stars makes it extra pretty, whether the baby will be a boy or a girl.