On a recent trip to Milthorpe I went in and checked out Tambourlaine. I had previously been to Tambourline in Hunter Valley, and so it was nice to see their newest shop in Milthrope. And most importantly it’s organic!
Oh this one was fun! We had come to Bathurst to explore the region before school goes back next week, and it was so worth it! There are so many tracks and trails around here, but the Evans Crown Track, about 40 minutes drive from Bathurst close to Tarana, really intrigued us. From down below it looked majestic!
The way up was quite steep, lots of steps, we stopped counting at one point. But it’s so worth it. We saw so many butterflies and even a kangaroo hopped past us as we made our way up to the top.
And there was some incredibly fauna too….sooo pretty.
At the top the options are endless! So many paths, in fact there are no clear paths when you are at the top, but there are many ways to explore. We could have spent all day there!
Standing on top of the mountain was pretty special!
As we were on our way back down I insisted that I could climb a particularly large rock for a view of the other side of the valley… I did make it up the rock with some help, but unfortunately quite badly hurt my knee. Which meant that I had to hobble down the steps, down the mountain and was in quite a lot of pain. I am hoping that a few days rest will make it all better!
Not my finest hour…but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
Some of you will have noticed that a few of the items on my list actuall overlap. This is true for number 15 on my list, regular outings as a family. I shared our hike at Fitzroy Falls from last week, we also spent some time doing other lovely things together as a family.
I love spending time with my people, especially when we are exploring new areas. I thoroughly enjoyed taking them around Bowral and Mittagong, where I was fortunate to spend a lot of my time each Monday and Tuesday of last year. While Max was at preschool in Bowral.
Papa also managed to join us on the Friday for one night.
And we caught up with family on the Saturday morning before our hike. Such a wonderful short trip, we are inspired to take more.
I wasn’t sure if I was cheating adding Coogee Beach, as I didn’t actually make it onto the beach on Sunday, as it was insanely busy. But it’s my list and I can complete it however I like! 🙂 And I have previously been on Coogee Beach, so it still counts!
And instead of stepping onto the beach my friend and I walked along the path and cliffs, where there were fewer people. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
I am so pleased to get another walk in so quickly. This time even my two boys came along! This is a track I had previously walked with my mother-in-law and enjoyed it so much that I knew I wanted to walk it again. It’s not a loop, but rather a there and back track. We could have taken the fire track back but my son was keen to go back the same way as he enjoyed the different stairs.
A stunning part of our country, especially when the weather plays its part. It was a little bit too busy for my liking. I had previously been here during the week, whereas we visited today, on a Saturday. Nonetheless, still very enjoyable. Even my five-year old managed to walk the approximately 3kms.
The Falls were pretty spectacular, especially as it has been raining a fair bit in the Southern Highlands. The best bit about this hike for me was the fact that my family joined me this time. While it meant we walked for a shorter distance, it was nice to share it with them.
The main reason for chosing this track was the promise of The Grotto! Both my boys were very keen to splash in the water there. Not entirely allowed I am sure, but we were very careful!
I am keen to make the next hike a long one!
Those that know me will know that I am a fan of lists… And this monster list for my 40th year is now different. I am working my way through it at a pretty fast speed (and yes I know some items I may have gotten a headstart with). But Number 36 on the list: Drive-in Movie was completed on Sunday evening (3rd January 2021).
Lucky girl that I am, my good friends and their kids decided to join us too… It was such fun! We saw The Croods: A New Age. A kids film, but very watchable and enjoyable for the entire family. And while watching the movie I did ask myself… why had I never been to a Drive-in before this?
How lucky we are to be able to do this! And another thing ticked off my list!
It’s been quiet in my little corner here. And it’s not because I haven’t had anything to say. I felt it was necessary to take a break and let the last year work itself out.
That is all about to change. This year I am dedicating myself to a list of 40 things, in honour of turning the big 40. It’s exciting, I’m excited!
1. Take part in a rally driving session
2. Practice my violin
3. Make and donate items to charity
4. Proper rock climbing – with regular practice sessions
5. 40 different hikes/walks in NSW (or further afield if possible). STARTED: Hike 1 and Hike 2.
6. Hunter Valley wine tour
8. Obtain a boat licence
9. Trip to New Zealand (if possible)
10. Weekly photo of the boys. STARTED: Week 1.
11. Daily photo for the entire year. ONGOING.
12. Write or blog every day. ONGOING
13. Teach a craft class
14. No new clothes all year
15. Regular outings as a family. STARTED: here.
16. Buy and own art: Done! See post about it here.
17. Use up my extensive yarn stash
18. Only buy yarn for specific commissioned projects
19. Visit 40 beaches, STARTED: Coogee Beach.
20. Roadtrip to the Outback
21. Beibehaltungsgenehmigung – Aussie Citizenship
22. Weekend away with Megan & Bettina
23. Memory quilts for the boys
24. Move every day for 30-60 mins. STARTED…FitBit reinstated…
25. Monthly video calls with family and friends
26. Refresh Italian (penpal)
27. Practice and improve my swimming ability
28. 1 day a week without my phone (entire year). ONGOING
29. Sign up to do my ‘Master of Handknitting’
30. Write 40 letters throughout the year
31. Cocktail making course
32. Stand Up Paddle boarding
33. Read more – aim for 10 books during the year. STARTED: The Testaments by Margeret Atwood
34. Random acts of kindness
35. Plant roses: Done! See post about it here. 36. Drive in Movie: Done! See post about it here.
37. Roadtrip without destination
38. Regular German practice with the boys
39. Campervan holiday
40. 4 days away on my own