This dress was made ages ago, probably still last year when we were still living at our old house, for a friend who was sending it to her friend in Argentina. I had made a dress for her friends little girl before, but found out that it got lost when it was stolen from their house, which I thought was a real shame. So, I was only happy to oblige to make another one.
I used a pattern from a German version of Burda, which is a magazine that I’ve been ‘reading’, or rather using since I was probably around 14 and I started my first major sewing project, a ballgown. It’s one of the best magazines out there as it gives you numerous patterns within one issue, so rather than having to pay a fortune for a single pattern you get 15-20 per issue.
I loved this pattern, it was incredibly easy to make and turned out really well I think and the fabric looks really girly. I like the little bow at the bottom, it gives the dress that little bit of extra flair.
Additionally, the colour of the neckline works really well with the fabric and gives the dress a certain je ne se qua!