Posted on 2 Comments

Dungarees or Something Similar

Something new to add, I actually finished knitting these dungarees a little while ago. But it took me some time to sew in the zipper and then finish the piece.

strampler

I’m trying to use up some wool I bought a few years ago. I think the blue and red work very well together and I’m quite pleased with the finished dungarees.

strampler1

Sewing in the zip was a little more difficult than I thought, but it worked out fine. I should have probably ironed the back, but I got a little carried away and just sewed it all together.

strampler3

Posted on 2 Comments

Another Pair of Shorts

I finished these shorts that are from a book that my friend Lynda gave me: Debbie Bliss Essential Baby. It was the first time that I’ve worked with an English pattern, up until know I’ve been relying on my German patterns.

shorts7

I’m really pleased with them, the colours have worked out very well. A friend has told me that these are Australian colours, which is kind of ironic, I think.

shorts10

The shorts require you to sew in an elastic band at the top, which makes them even more useful. I’ve also learned a new way of sewing them together, which is less visible. I think it’s worked out very well.

shorts6

I love the leg ending, it gives the little shorts that extra flourish.

Posted on 2 Comments

Warmest Cover for a Baby

It’s taken me a while to upload some more photos and projects, sorry about that. It’s mainly because the baby blanket took me a little longer. However, I’m very pleased with the result.

blanket1

I think it’s worked out very well and I especially like the colour combination. I was a little worried about the colours, as I thought they would clash, but I’m really happy with the result.

blanket2

Posted on 2 Comments

Shorts of a Different Kind

I used very thin wool for these shorts, which is probably why they’re very small, but I’m sure they’ll come in handy! The wool is very soft and the finished shorts look and feel comfortable.

Front
Front

I made them in one piece, so as to avoid have to stitch together a seam and it has worked. However, due to changing colours every two rows it looks a little uneven in one spot on the back.

Back
Back

It basically just looks like there’s a seam, but I still like them!

Detail
Detail
Posted on 4 Comments

Well Suited

I just finished a multi-coloured overall for my niece or nephew and I’m really pleased with it.

Front
Front
Back
Back

I followed suggestions by my friends and made it with cotton rather than wool. The colours I chose at random, but I think they work really well together. I was trying to buy some new buttons on the weekend, but then decided to just go with some I still had.

Buttons Galore
Buttons Galore

Here you can see the buttons in all their glory. It makes the little overalls even more colourful, but I think it works.

dscf4786 dscf4788

dscf4791 dscf4790

Posted on 1 Comment

Jumper

This jumper was made with the wool I ordered from Angel Yarn a few weeks ago. It’s worked out really well, and I think it looks really cute. The colours also go very well together.

It’s quite small as it is meant for a three months old, but still it was one of the easiest things I’ve knitted as it’s pretty straight forward to make. Again, I used a German pattern magazine that I bought a few years ago.

I also managed to find some really nice mother of pearl buttons, which suit both colours well. Overall I’m very pleased with the finished jumper.