I’ve been quiet over here for a while, I know. We got back from our trip to my mum’s on 13th August, but I was really, really busy finishing the blanket for my brother and his wife for their wedding present. We were there last weekend and I was able to present it to them, the absolutely loved it. So without further ado, here are some pictures. I ended up with 44 squares.
This meant that I knitted a square of each colour twice so that it would be big enough. I used the patterns for the individual squares from this pattern. And then I was trying to arrange it, which was harder than I thought it would be. But the end result turned out really nice, and I’m going to let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
I’ve actually got something to show you today. I’ve started my biggest project ever, I think. A blanket that I’m knitting as a gift for an upcoming wedding (top secret :-)).
It’s knitted in squares, and in the last three days I’ve managed to knit 3. That was with not much time for knitting, so I actually think that I’ll be able to finish it by the end of August. I’m actually going to be making it bigger than the pattern calls for, but I haven’t quite decided on the finished size, I think I’ll just keep going with the squares until I run out of yarn. It’s quite handy each square uses up one 50g ball of yarn.
So, without further ado, here are the squares I’ve knitted so far.
And here’s the square I’m currently working on.