Posted on

Blue Overalls for Baby Prasad

Here’s a little pair of overalls that I finished last week. I made these from a new issue of Bambino (which is a German knitting magazine), and I simply love it!

I followed the pattern pretty loosely, and adjusted the sections that I need to adjust. I made the legs a little bit longer and the body a little bit shorter, as it just didn’t seem to work otherwise. Also, I decided to add the white crochet border around the edges. I think it just adds a little big extra.

I used blue Drops Baby Merino wool, which was a joy to work with, it’s really nice and soft and turns into a really nice stitch I think. It helps that the knitting tension is just right, I think.

I followed the size for a 3 months old, but I think it’s actually going to work better on a 1-2 months old, which will be good, as it’s still quite cold here and our little arrival will feel warm and snug in it.

And, I like the fact that it’s easy to open and close with the press studs that I added, pretty ingenious, don’t you think? 🙂

Posted on

Jumpsuit for Baby Prasad

So here’s the first finished piece for baby Prasad. It’s a little jumpsuit that’s come from the guys over at Garnstudio. It was a really nice knit as it was knitted on double pointed needles, with really nice baby merino yarn.

I think the colour combination has worked out really well I think, especially as it’s not yet sure whether baby Prasad is a boy or girl yet, but who knows that might become apparent on 29. September. No matter though, the yellow and beige combination will work either way.

The top looks quite nice with the mixture of different stitches and it gives the jumpsuit a very nice finish. I do think it’s also going to be very nice and warm for the little one.

It was quite an easy knit, but it did take a while, maybe because it was such thin yarn. But it might have also helped that I wasn’t really rushing it. I’ve been knitting two things at one time for a change, I normally just try and stick to one piece at a time. But because the other item is a baby blanket, which always takes much, much longer, I like to knit something else at the same time so that I can finish something a little quicker.

Watch this space here, loads more things coming that are meant for baby Prasad.

Posted on

Stripy Romper

You might remember I knitted this romper suit for my niece in blue and red stripes a little while ago. A friends friend liked it so much that she asked me to knit it for her soon-to-be born niece or nephew. I choose a Safran yarn, which I got from the Scandinavian Knitting guys. Now, because the little one will be born some time in July I thought cotton was better than wool.
DSCF6254
Also, because she doesn’t know whether it’s going to be a girl or boy I decided to choose some lovely bright colours. I think they make it look really cute and I’m sure it’ll suit the little one well.
DSCF6256
It’s a really nice pattern (from a really old German magazine) that is easy to knit. I did make some changes to it this time around and replaced the zip with buttons. I just knitted on some button holes, which I think actually works better then the zip.
DSCF6258 DSCF6259
I’m sure it’ll fit well and look good. I’m hoping to write up the pattern as well, but that’s after I’ve completed writing up the one for the booties.

Now remember, you can find me on Etsy and on Folksy.

Posted on

Dungarees or Something Similar

Something new to add, I actually finished knitting these dungarees a little while ago. But it took me some time to sew in the zipper and then finish the piece.

strampler

I’m trying to use up some wool I bought a few years ago. I think the blue and red work very well together and I’m quite pleased with the finished dungarees.

strampler1

Sewing in the zip was a little more difficult than I thought, but it worked out fine. I should have probably ironed the back, but I got a little carried away and just sewed it all together.

strampler3

Posted on

Well Suited

I just finished a multi-coloured overall for my niece or nephew and I’m really pleased with it.

Front
Front
Back
Back

I followed suggestions by my friends and made it with cotton rather than wool. The colours I chose at random, but I think they work really well together. I was trying to buy some new buttons on the weekend, but then decided to just go with some I still had.

Buttons Galore
Buttons Galore

Here you can see the buttons in all their glory. It makes the little overalls even more colourful, but I think it works.

dscf4786 dscf4788

dscf4791 dscf4790