I’ve got two projects today, one was started at the Christmas market on Saturday. It’s a mitten for Luke:
You might notice that I left a hole for a thumb…I had actually knitted in the thumb and it simply didn’t work. Luke was very uncomfortable when I tried to push his little thumb into the glove and even though I used the right amount of stitches it was just too small. So, I’ve decided not to add a thumb, which means frogging up to the point where the current hole for the thumb is. It’s a little annoying, but I think the mitten (and its partner) will get more wear out of them if they’re thumbless.
The second project is one of the three orders from the Christmas market, a scarf for a 1-year old. The guy who ordered it saw me knitting the mitten and liked the yarn so much that he chose that for the scarf.