Here’s a jumpsuit I made for my best friend who’s expecting a baby later this year as well, if I remember rightly she’s due in April. She requested that I make this little jumpsuit for her, after she saw a picture of a previous one I’d made for a friend. It’s a Burda pattern, from a German version of the magazine.
She let me pick the colour and even if I say so myself, I think the combination has worked out very well indeed. I was particularly pleased that I had the frog buttons in my stash, as I think they work very well indeed with the overalls. They’re more decorative, as I actually put press studs underneath, but nonetheless, they add that little bit extra!
I did amend the pattern slightly and just made it a lot easier and quicker. I left out the double facing for the top half as it wasn’t really necessary. I did also add the biased binding at the top as I think it finishes off the overalls nicely. Obviously the pockets won’t really be used by the little one either, but they also give the overalls that little bit extra.
My friends little one is going to look really cute in these overalls in the summer, I’m sure!